Friday, September 11, 2009

Little Bird...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Floral Tunic: H&M (24.00)
Scarf: Mom (really old)
Jacket: J.Crew (19.00)
Jeans: BDG (gift)
Necklace: H&M (9.90)
Shoes: Yard Sale (1.00)
Beautiful, rainy weather today. Made me want to sleep, hide under covers, generally not GET UP hence my hiding behind a curtain of hair and a lot of layers. This scarf used to be my mother's when I was young, I remember playing dress up with it, making it a turban. When you lay it flat you can see it's covered with birds, with one really big phoenix in the center. Oh, it's going to be a rainy weekend. Any plans? I desperately need to clean up my messy house! Now, off for some coffee to wake my lazy self up out of this funk! Cheers!

P.S. BIG thanks to Krystal and Katy for helping me solve the re-sizing dilemma, thanks to you Orchid Grey is a bolder place! If you haven't visited these amazing ladies blogs yet, do so now!

9 comments:

E said...

I love your scarf! You look wonderfully chic, yet comfy in this look!

Indiana Adams said...

Yay! Big photos are best! Lovin' it!

Mars said...

lovely outfit! loving the patterns/colors here :)!

Clare said...

This outfit, and the pictures, feels very Grey Gardens to me. Love it!

Sarah Clarke Gaudet said...

Oh, I love this look. There is something about layers that just always looks so good. And the big pics are awesome.

Orchid Grey said...

@E: thank you so much!
@Indiana: Thanks!
@Mars: Thanks!
@Clare: Love Grey Gardens! Thanks!
@Sarah: Thank you!

theowlsarenotwhattheyseem said...

you look so pretty here! i love all the layers. the pattern of the scarf with the pattern of your shirt is perfect. ~joelle

Elaine said...

I absolutely love this outfit! THe muted colors just scream for fall to arrive... And I think your hair is gorgeous :)
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Linda said...

How did you solve the "resizing dilema"? Blogger drives me nuts when I try to resize in photoshop and it still ends up looking HUGE.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!