Monday, September 21, 2009

Over the Weekend...

Elton John called, he'd like his glasses back now....
Photobucket
Specs: Vintage via Bobby from Boston (10.00)
Necklace: Forever 21 (12.00)
Belt: Thrifted (2.00)
Skirt: Thrifted (5.00)
Shoes: Vintage (20.00)
Today's outfit felt a little...meh. I bought the skirt this past weekend at Savers and have yet to hem it, I think I'm going to hack it to just above my knees. Although, I'm not sure. The length of the skirt kind of made me feel a little too... 70's school marm? Mrs. Brady? Meatloaf via a 1940's cookbook? Am I getting weird? Eh...How was your weekend? Mine was far too short, but generally relaxing. Did some cleaning on Saturday and some thrifting too, in the evening one of Chris' co-workers came and helped us move our old couch out of the apartment, I'm so glad to have our living room and studio back! We also made a late night run to The Friendly Toast in Portsmouth, NH. If you're ever in Portsmouth, you must go here, it's one of my favorite places! They have such a great atmosphere and on the weekends (and weeknights?) they are open late and serve beer! Yay, beer! I didn't get any good shots really, the images below were taken with Chris' IPhone. You get the idea.
The restaurant is located in a warehouse type building and they have tons of vintage decor all over the walls.
I recommend ordering the Frenchy (grilled cheese with brie, asparagus, and turkey? ham?) with sweet potato fries and a chocolate milkshake. It is no longer on the menu, but they'll still make it!
Now you know what I look like when I eat. Because I know you were wondering. Sexxxy with three x's.
Sunday was less exciting. I headed out to Springfield, MA for a college fair. There is nothing better than spending a beautiful early fall day in a smelly college gymnasium explaining that your school is, in fact, real over and over and over to concerned parents. Sarcasm. I has it.
XOXO