Friday, September 18, 2009

Purgatory...

I'm feeling narcissistic today...forgive me...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Plaid Shirt: Victoria's Secret (30.00)
Gold Owl Belt: Thrifted (.50)
Skirt: Thrifted (1.99)
Tights: Urban Outfitters (3.99)
Shoes: Thrifted (20.00)
Specs: Urban Outfitters (4.99)
This morning brought with it a painful 4:45 am wake-up call. It was all I could do to throw the alarm across the room and hide under the covers. But, duty called, I had to be in Sutton, MA by 8:00 for a college fair and traffic on 95 is unbelievably unpredictable. I managed to run a little early, and stopped to take a few shots at a broken down and abandoned drive-in movie theatre. I wish I had had more time to explore (and someone there to protect me), the first time I saw this place was two years ago on my way to Sutton again. It's really beautiful and overgrown with vines. But Creepy. Yes, very creepy. I hope to take more pictures there soon, I'll be going back to Sutton at the end of October. Below is one of the shots I took, not very successful but it captured the decrepitness of the place adequately enough:
Photobucket
Also, just an FYI: Purgatory does exist. It's located in central Massachusetts:
Photobucket
I'm so happy it's the weekend! What are your plans?

PS: thank you all for the stress relief advice, I'll definitely be catching up with my sleep this weekend!

12 comments:

Clare said...

Love that suede skirt with the purple tights and peep-toes. Gorgeous!

Kyla said...

Great outfit and that belt is a major score! And yes, I would love to (finally) exchange links. I am working on updating my blog, so I will get your blog on my blogroll this weekend.

Enjoy the weekend!

Sarah Clarke Gaudet said...

Holy Moly.. I live like 2 towns over from Sutton. A bunch of my students were there today. My husband's parents live in Sutton. Weird. What were you doing at the college fair? Ha, you must have talked to so many of my students!

PS love your outfit.

Amy said...

I love this outfit!! You look amazing! Can I come thrifting with you? You find the best stuff! =)


Xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

missDTM said...

love this outfit!!! sooo cute and playful.

sucks to have to get up so early...but you got some awesome pics!

Linda said...

You look soo cute in those friggen glasses! I could NEVER pull that off.

This movie theatre reminds me of an old one we have in Toronto called "westwood". It was actually in the 2nd (?) Resident Evil film. Also a very creepy place.

Elaine said...

Hahahaha, thought the last comment was funny about Purgatory!!! I love your outfit here! For being awake really ealry, you look amazing! Love everything about your outfit....the colors, the prints, texture...Love it!
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Oooh I love purgatory chasm!! Such a fun place to hike around!!
You look great too of course!
-jenloveskev

Delightfully Tacky said...

Today I had to get up at 0500, TOO EARLY. It's just not right being awake that early.

Orchid Grey said...

@Clare: Thanks!
@Kyla: Thank you! I'm excited to be connected!
@Sarah: I'm a college counselor so I did probably speak to some of your students (if they're interested in art)! That area is so pretty!
@Amy: thanks! I recommend the Salvos on route 1 in saugus!
@MissDTM: Thanks!
@Linda: That's so awesome that your theatre was in Resident Evil!
@Elaine: Thank you!
@Jen: I really want to check it out the next time I'm there, I only had time to pull over and take a shot. The name reminds me of a place near my mom's called Devil's Den!
@DelightfullyTacky: ouch, I know it hurts!

Jaxon and Julia's Mommy said...

I think the outfit and glasses are sexy in a middle school librarian kind of way. :)

Jilliebeanie said...

Your style is fantastic. No seriously. This might just be my new favorite blog. Golly.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!