Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Stay on the Sunny Side...

...always on the sunny side!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Necklace: Forever 21 (5.99)
Cardigan: Gift from Adria from UK
Dress: Forever 21 (24.00)
Belt: Thrifted (.50)
Shoes: American Eagle via TjMaxx (10.00)
Yes, these pictures were taken at two different times of day. I couldn't help myself this afternoon- it was so beautiful outside! This outfit also made me feel really pretty and sunny, I've been seriously lacking inspiration lately (anyone notice my last three outfits all either involved plaid or a skirt or both?) so this morning when I put this on I finally felt like I had broken that cycle of uninspiring blah. What do you do when you get into a style funk like that? I find thrift shopping helps. I'm off to another college fair tomorrow, this time at the University of New Hampshire in Durham. I'm actually kind of excited (I said kind of and excited is way too strong a word) because I'll be staying in a hotel and I'll be able to watch T.V! Chris and I own a television, but it doesn't preform it's only task, so tomorrow night I plan on vegging out and watching something terrible- because terrible TV is what you watch when you never get to watch TV ever. Top Model here I come!

18 comments:

Leproust Vintage said...

You look lovely in these photos! Your hair is so pretty....I am desperately trying to grow mine out!

E said...

I love this. The leopard and the yellow look amazing together and I never would have thought to pair them together!

Clare said...

So cute. Love that yellow skirt!!

Jennifer said...

this is so wonderfully sweet!!
-jenloveskev

Amy said...

You look adorable!! I am completely in love with this outfit.

P.S. I love Top Model... what did you think of last night's episode?

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Fell 4 Fashion said...

I love EVERYTHING about this look!!!

Linda said...

Yellow is definatly your colour. I have a similar cardigan except mine is long sleeve and I plan on wearing it tomorrow.

TWINS.

missDTM said...

love this color on you! it's soooooo playful and fun. this whole outfit reminds me of early spring when people get excited that it's warm out.

:)

Bug said...

Love that top paired with the yellow skirt - very fun!! I really adore how you styled your hair!

http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

Jaxon and Julia's Mommy said...

love the color combo...inspiring!

alexandra said...

wow this outfit is amazing...you look great!

also, i stumbled upon your blog (via sf stylephile) and was SO pleased to discover that you are from the same town as my BF! i love beverly, even though i've only been a few times.
i'm starting a blog of my own and am def putting you on my blogroll... maybe once i'm up and running you can check it out every now and then!

www.signaturestyles.blogspot.com
-al

Sarah Clarke Gaudet said...

Great top and I love it with that skirt!

www.smalltownchic.com

Jess said...

i like the grey with yellow!

Elaine said...

What do you mean you haven't been inspired lately?!?? I think you look amazing ALL the time.... I love your outfit here. The printed cardigan and the yellow dress with the bold necklace and your HAIR!!! I love the side bun. You look amazing. Seriously.

SO. said...

love love love the cardigan...!!!

Orchid Grey said...

thank you thank you thank you all for the sweet comments!

Kaydee said...

This outfit is adorable! Love it! You are se creative, and has any one ever told you that you remind them of Taylor Swift? becuase you do. lol
-Kaydee

cutandsew said...

This outfit is so cute and well put together, KUDOS!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!