Thursday, October 22, 2009

Daily Style...

Velvet Elvis...
Velvet Blazer: Jack by BB Dakota via TjMaxx (19.99)
Jeans: BDG via Urban Outfitters (gift)
Tee-Shirt (worn underneath): J.Crew Outlet (9.99)
Scarf: H&M (12.00)
Heels: Guess via TjMaxx (24.00)
Gold and Onyx Bracelet: gift from grandmother
(Photos by Chris....whoops!)
I love this blazer, it's one of my favorite TjMaxx finds, one of those treasures that catches your attention just before you leave the store empty handed- peeking out from a cluttered rack. Maybe that's setting the scene a little too dramatically, but the fit alone sold me on this jacket instantly. I love the fabric too, it's perfect with jeans and a tee-shirt, anything more and it would be too much. Today was a good day: I actually got to see the inside of my office! It was nice to just sit at my desk instead of running around frantically from school to school. I did have a (very) early AM presentation at Beverly HS, but that was easy- it's just down the road! This next week will be the calm before my storm- next Friday I leave for Memphis and Nashville where I will be attending National Portfolio Day, then I fly back on Monday only to leave again on Tuesday for two weeks (two freakin' weeks!) for upstate New York. So, yes, I am savoring these next few days of relative calm. Anyone have recommendations on what to do in Nashville and Memphis?!

16 comments:

Leproust Vintage said...

I can't believe you found that jacket at Tjmaxx! It is amazing! I love it paired with your pink scarf!

Rebecca said...

Love your blazer.

Charlene Ashley Dy said...

I'm lovin the scarf!

emilyanne said...

This is such a cool outfit. I wish I could wear something like this to work.

Linda said...

That jacket is so perfect for you!

Amy said...

Gorgeous blazer!! It is so stunning on you!

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Kelly & Tracy said...

I really love that scarf!!

justin paszul said...

hey! where in upstate ny are you going to be?

The White Way of Delight said...

The scarf is adorable. :) CUTE blog!

Jilliebeanie said...

Love this outfit! Fits you perfectly!

Lexie said...

love love love this look.
i'm from outside of nashville, and i definitely recommend checking out Hillsboro Village on 21st ave. there are cute boutiques (firefinch and pangea come to mind) and although it's cold, i recommend hitting up las paletas, a delicious popsicle shop!

Clare said...

Oh my god that is SUCH a rad jacket! Love it!!

Meg said...

Love the jacket! TJ Maxx is my guilty pleasure... and your scarf is to die for as well!

God's Favorite Shoes! said...

I love the fit of this blazer on you!

Chelsea said...

That blazer is splendid! And considering the title of your look, I'd recommend hitting up Graceland in Memphis. (and I'm new to your blog, and love it already!)

Sabrina said...

The jacket is great on you, it fits you like a glove. Love the color in the scarf.

I have to say I like your hair up like this :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!