Monday, October 19, 2009

Daily Style/Over the Weekend...

I'm sorry for the lack of creativity here...
Hat: Burton (Chris')
Overcoat: H&M- last year (69.90)
Dress (worn underneath): American Apparel (40.00)
Tights: TjMaxx (4.99)
Socks: Target (6.99)
Boots: Alice & Olivia for Target (39.00)
I'm definitely having one of those weeks (sad, considering it's only Monday). This weekend was another weekend spent working my bum off: Saturday I attended a portfolio event in Cape Cod and Sunday involved driving to Worcester for an incredibly unproductive college fair. To be honest, I'm feeling a little blah about these photos, I've got some major skin issues right now- for some reason every Fall, my skin goes berserk and all of a sudden it's like I'm 16 again- and yes, I'll admit to some light photoshopping of one specific problem area right between my eyes. I did get to go to a party this weekend, where, as exhibited below, I had a lot of fun. It was my friend Bea's birthday and we celebrated with cake, beer, and dancing! Also, notice Chris' GOLD LAME' MAINE HAT. How amazing is that? I picked it up at Goodwill during a day trip to Brewer last week for work. Win!
Also, a big welcome and thank you to all of my new followers! The fact that I broke 100 last week hasn't gone unnoticed, and I'm going to try and plan something for the near future!

19 comments:

E said...

Sounds like a fun birthday party! I love your socks with those sweet boots!

Kyla said...

I love this outfit! Creativity is subjective and though this is simple, it's still definitely has a creative vibe. I dig it!

Clare said...

Love the outfit! The thick bunched-up socks are fantastic. Looks like an awesome party, too. Hope your week starts looking up!

Kaydee said...

I love the outfit, andd the pics! I think theyre great, they portray that greyish chilly day. Love the coat!

Lexie said...

you look so warm and cozy in the first picture!

Kat said...

Love the gold hat!

Corinna said...

i like the purple tights and the white(?) socks together! looks so cozy! i hope your week gets better!

emilyanne said...

I don't find your outfit boring at all! I love shape of the boots and with the socks it gives it a more fun look. Congrats on breaking the 100 mark:)

http://thedailyfashionista.blogspot.com/

briannelee said...

I love the bday outfit!

My skin always gets really weird around this time of year too... REALLY dry to the point where moisturizer won't even work.

Amy said...

The party looks like so much fun!!

I love this outfit of yours! Sometimes creative is overrated- I think this outfit is perfectly simple and you look perfectly adorable.

Hope your week gets better! Congratulations on 100 followers- AMAZING!!

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Bea Modisett said...

Congratulations on the 100 followers Julie!!! I have 11 and have had my blog for more than 2 years...so here goes some shameless self promotion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

beamodisett.blogspot.com

Woo. Sorry about that.

Fah real though...good job on the followers AND all the sites you've been featured on.

Ice Cream Truck said...

Gold Lame Maine hat from goodwill in Brewer you say, I may have known its previous owner... It's a great hat!

jane st. clair said...

that's such a pretty coat & you look adorable in hats!

Bug said...

I think the pics look great, your outfits are also amazing. My skin gets all weird with the seasons also, sucks. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)

http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Love your boots. Great outfit.

myedit said...

OK, well, if you are being honest... I will too. I did a little touch-up on my last post because my skin has been hating me too....

Jessica said...

I love the party photos. Looks like you had a great time! I know what you mean. This week has been killer. I just want to make it to the weekend.

Orchid Grey said...

thanks all for the wonderful and supportive comments!
Bea, that was shameless self promotion.

Ice Cream Truck, no way! really? That hat was like a gold beacon of light shining out of the sock bin of Goodwill! It's in a good home now, I'm glad I can represent my home state in all of it's golden glory!

MyEdit, I think we all touch up from time to time!

Promise said...

hey. i just found your blog today from jamie delaine. love your blog and style. I am a thirft shop junkie AND ROCK ON big hair club!!!
loves
-Promise
http://www.promisetangemanblog.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!