Monday, April 12, 2010

A "Very Special" Over the Weekend

I like how I make this post sound like some kind of Lifetime movie, like your best-but-troubled-friend ran away from home and everyone learned a dramatic, but valuable lesson in the end. No, what this post is about is far less dramatic than that. I got this idea from the blog Hiss&Hearse, it was my and Chris' 6 year anniversary on Saturday and along with spending the day walking the Public Garden and Newbury Street in Boston, I decided (much to his chagrin) that I'd interview him. Chris and I met in high school and it's crazy to think that we've known each other for ten years...it also makes me feel old! Anyway, on to the interview:
Name: Christopher Sharp
Age: 25
Location: Massachusetts
Occupation: Skate Nerd (works at a skate-shop)

Q: When, and where did we meet?
A: Well, I had seen you around a few times but I think the first time we met and were introduced was at Schouler Park in North Conway, NH in late 2000. I remember because that was the night I got my license and hit my first parked car and I think you broke your wrist skateboarding (both seperate instances). It was a big night for both of our teenage selves.

Q: What did you first think of me?
A: I was immedately smitten with you, those cargo shorts and and your skateboard in hand, how could I resist.
Q: What 10 words describe you best?
A: weird, lucky, driven, artistic, stylish, funny, loud, sleepy... (Julie:) I'll add energetic and stubborn!

Q: So when you're not working at the skate shop, what do you do for fun?
A: I seem to spend most of my free time thrift shopping with you, but other than that I skate and just enjoy the days.
Q: Do you have a favorite item of clothing? Where did you get it?
A: There are two pieces that I wear all the time. One is a vintage Brooks Brothers oxford shirt and the other is a tie with hearts on it. The shirt is from a thrift store and the tie is from you (note: the tie is also from a thrift store).

Q: What inspires you?
A: life, love, and the people around me.
Q: Do you have a favorite artist?
A: Right now it is Dennis McNett

Q: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
A: Norway, for the Black Metal.
Q: You're making me a mix-tape, what are the first five songs?
A: Whole Wide World by Wreckless Eric, Harvest Moon by Neil Young, Animal Farm by The Kinks, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting by Elton John, Almost Ready by Dinosaur Jr.

Q: Is there anything else I should know about you?
A: Is there anything that you don't know about me?
A: Nope!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!


Chris' Clothing Notes: Jacket: Thrifted Ralph Lauren ($12), Oxford: Brooks Brother's ($5), Sweater: UO bargain basement ($20), Jeans: Altamont (from the shop), Shoes: Vintage thrift ($6).

My shoes: GAP black flats ($34)

44 comments:

tess said...

aww this post was adorable, Chris is adorable haha. it's so cool that you've known each other for so long!

Natasha said...

I have to say you definatly have yourself one stylish man!! I need to get my hubby to take notes!

OooKellyNicky said...

Too cute. Love his style. 6 years wow.

La Stylin Girraffe!

LovelyLeigh said...

Hey! I went to that park!! It was so pretty, I took pictures by lamp posts there! Chris is a pretty rad guy! Im very glad you both had a great weekend!!!

xo!
http://thelovelyleigh.blogspot.com/

grace said...

this is cute! thats funny that you used to wear cargo shorts - i worked at a skate park in high school and used to wear huge men's cargo shorts and tote around a skateboard too! did not even start wearing skirts and heels until the past few years...

notjustmedical said...

Aww, that's such a cute post. You guys sounds lovely as a couple

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

whimsy said...

looks like a fun weekend! i like the pics of your guys feet.
darling!

Jessica said...

This was so so sweet! Congrats on having a great relationship. You guys seem perfect together!

fashionforwriters.com said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I think this is such a cute cute, creative idea. I may even steal it from you for a future post. Your love and comfort around each other is more than apparent from the interview!

xo Jenny

M. said...

this is such a great idea/so adorable, i love it!

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Lucy Marmalade said...

For some reason I can't picture you with a skateboard! You should get some shots of you boarding sometime, in all your voluminous skirts and whatnot.

Miss Soggy Smog said...

Julie, wow!
What a great idea! I wish all fashion bloggers would do a boyfriend/girlfriend/bestie interview! Congrats and good luck with all the years ahead!
Cheers,
Smog

!Tb0n3! said...

Happy aniversary to you and Chris! I lovee how he rolled his jeans!

Alli XT said...

"Norway for the black metal" - that is awesome!

Great photos too!

A Stylized Hysteria said...

This is a very sweet post. It says a lot about him and you. And he is super stylish!

Laura Gerencser said...

Great post!:)

jamiedelaine said...

Oh my gosh Julie I just think you two are the cutest. I don't comment that much but I subscribe and read everything! :) Please please say that you'll let me shoot a session of you and Chris the next time I'm in Boston? I'd LOVE to. http://www.jamiedelaineblog.com ;)

Lara said...

This is the cutest post! I can;t imagine what my husband would say if I told him he was about to be interviewed. Haha.

I was a skate chick too. My husband remembers me in high school and thought I was weird. (He was a hockey player, I was a punk...enough said). Somehow through the years our two extremes evened out and we met again in college. The rest is history. :)

Becca said...

Such a fun post! Thanks, both of you. I had a great time reading it!

"I seem to spend most of my free time thrift shopping with you"- ha ha! He sounds thrilled about that.

Well I hope your next ten years together will be even better than the last ten!

Kimberellie said...

What a great idea! Thanks for this!! I will have to try this come my anniversary! Love the last shoe pic!

bonjouritsjinah said...

Aww this was so sweet! I love when bloggers give a little insight into their personal lives and loved ones in it.

Le Quaintrelle said...

This was really cute. Congratulations on your 6 years! You guys seem like the most stylish couple, I love it!

BARGAIN BEX said...

nothing but adorably sweet.

RETRO REVA said...

What a sweet interview! I love your style and have followed you on Weardrobe for a long time! My hubs favorite singer/songwriter is Neil Young! And, my Mom make Brooks Brothers suits in a sewing factory all her life! Good choice! If I interviewed my hubs, his style would be Grunge before Grunge was a style term!!! Nice to meet ya!

megan.tme said...

Haha so CUTE! I knew you were a skater chick. That is so awesome that you've been together through such important years.. Very special. Congratulations to you both!!

~ megan
transmission me

theowlsarenotwhattheyseem said...

hehe, this is so CUTE! congrats on 6 years together. it sounds like you had a fun anniversary. i love that you and your man friend like thrifting together! i sure wish mine would go with me. i like his mix tape choices too. ~joelle

Sabrina said...

so cute!!!

it makes me curious to see if I did this to my hubby what he would say.

Hannah said...

If Chris's shoes were about 5 sizes smaller, they would be on my feet right this second. I've been coveting similar ones on men's shoes racks in my local thrift stores, and just wondering why the cute ones can't be made for women. And end up being $5, of course.

Thanks much for the comment you left me the other day. Would it be wierd to admit I squealed just a tad bit? But I also have to admit that I had to look up who Little Edie was, so unfortunately no, I didn't know my name quoted her. I tried to track down a reference, but no such luck.

Lexie, Little Boat said...

awww! you guys make a sweet couple.

Phyllis said...

cutest interview - i love this post!

kelly ann said...

aaww, i loved this! :) and he has GREAT shoes!

kate maggie said...

6 years! Eeeep. This was so cute to read. You guys are adorable. I loved all of his answers....:) and he has amazing shoes and jeans! (and way to go on the skateboard and cargo shorts ;))

Dip-tea said...

Cutest interview ever! :)

un bel oiseau said...

he sounds like a total sweetheart and his outfit is killer. does he have any single friends?

;)

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

What a cute post! :) You 2 are both sooo stylish!

Amanda said...

Aw, what a great idea! Such a good interview. I must say, he is very stylish also!

A-C said...

You all are so cute! Congrats for reaching 6 years together!

Maria Confer said...

Congratulations on your 6th Anniversary!!

I love this post Julie. Chris seems like a wonderful guy. Love that you've known each other for so long.

Oh, how I miss the Public Gardens in the spring.

Lulu Letty

Bea Modisett said...

This made me smile (and laugh!) Congrats to you my friends!

Clare said...

This is so lovely, congratulations for 6 years and for having an interesting first meeting story!

tweet tweet tweet

x

Ana - Toil and Trouble said...

Happy anniversary, you guys seem so great!

We went to Newbury Street and the garden on Saturday too. Have you been to Tealuxe?

mdunc1021 said...

Adorable post idea! And congrats on 6 years!!

http://cubiclechicblog.com

Camila said...

can I just say... I love you guys as a couple, so inspiring... the songs he´d play for you are the best ever... all the best for ya!!!

Tiffany said...

Cute idea, might have to borrow it for me and my Chris's 2 year :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!