Monday, May 10, 2010

Sneak Peek: Over the Weekend

I had such a great weekend! I'm so excited to say that! Here is a little sneak peek at what I was up to on Saturday (I'll have more pictures of the event tomorrow!):

The Swapaholics from Amy Chase on Vimeo.

Video taken by Punky of Punky Style, Haberdash Vintage, and the Swapaholics!

I have to say, I am super awkward in front of the camera, they interviewed us separately about our blogs and I'm pretty sure I addressed a pile of clothes the whole time rather than look at the camera. I noticed that I'm a little shifty eyed too, I think it's because of the amount of public speaking I do, I'm always making sure I make eye contact with everyone while I speak! We're our own worst critics, huh?

It was so nice to see Jen and Punky again, they are both amazing girls and I wish I got to see them more. It's amazing, I never expected to connect with as many people as I have through this blog.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, I'm keeping things short tonight because I'm in the middle of finishing up final edits for a freelance project for the College. Have a good night!

17 comments:

Awkward Socialite said...

Great interview! The swap looks like lots of fun!

Morgan and Lua said...

You guys are so cute!!! It's amazing how much someone's voice can really define them and in a place like the blog world you're not really ever exposed to that.
Looks like a great weekend!

Again, cute. Not awkward!
www.morganandlua.blogspot.com

AnnaBananaCupcake said...

Awww...this was a really nice interview. You sound (and look) super sweet. And the event seems like it must have been a lot of fun!
XOXo

Becca Jane said...

Such a cute interview! The swap looks like a great time as well - jealous!

Brianna said...

Great interview :) The shirt you're wearing reminds me of the one I just picked up and will probably be sporting tomorrow!



http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

zoƫ, lion heart vintage said...

cuuuute! great job on the interview, being on camera can always be a little awkward but you guys rocked it!

i love the idea of the delightful dozen. it's so innovative and such a great way to bring you all together - not to mention it gave us readers connections to all of your blogs at once (which was fantastic!).

did you make any good swaps?

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

ahh i love seeing bloggers on video! what a great clip. you weren't awkward at all! :)

xoxo
http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

The Daily Fashionista said...

That looks like so much fun. It's cool that you get to see other bloggers in real life at events like this. And you weren't awkward.

Jennifer said...

haha oh man. I feel the same way watching these videos "ahhh I look so freaking pregant and oh boy I am awkward." oh well. They are a little better than I thought, at least we are making coherent sentences. I cant wait to see the pictures!!

Punky said...

You guys are both adorable, I love videos, Because it brings a online personality to life, It's so real, kinda dorky and fun, but real! I had so much fun and i cant wait to see the photos!

Princess Margot said...

It seems like great fun!!!! And your interview is very good!!!!!!!!!

xxx

tess said...

fun little interview! so great to hear both of your voices. you two aren't awkward, just cute

Erica said...

Super cute interview, you have the best smile!

sparkle is a color said...

The clothing swap seems like tons of fun! I can't wait to hear more about it. And you did great in the video! We definitely are our own worst critics. :)

sparkleisacolor.blogspot.com

Kendra said...

aww i never thought of you as the shy 'camera' type. that's so interesting :) but i loved the interview it seems likes a lot of fun!

Punky said...

Julie, I forgot to tell The Swapaholic s have a New Website:
http://theswapaholics.com
Check it out, I hope you like it.
P.s. did you get the package?

amy

The Boob Nazi said...

It's always surprising how many friends you make through blogging!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!