Thursday, June 24, 2010

Canal District Clothing Swap (Part 2)

As promised, below are my outfit photos from the swap, big thanks to Ann Ruthmann for being our photographer for the day:
Top: H&M ($5)
Leather Skirt: Vintage Thrift ($3)
Tights: UO ($14)
Flats: Gap ($34)
Ann did a great job of hiding the ENORMOUS run in my stockings that happened on my way to the swap, luckily it was on the back of my leg so it didn't completely ruin the integrity of my ensemble. Just the back. I left my apartment early that morning, with little time to get ready I chose a classic black and white color scheme using not-so-classic pieces.

This skirt almost ended up in the shop, but seconds before listing it I decided to try it on. Serendipitously, it fit. Which was surprising because it never had before. See, sometimes when you refuse to try stuff on in the gnarly Salvation Army fitting rooms you strike out, as I did with this skirt back in December. However I guess I've been taking exceptionally good care of myself, because now it fits like a glove. Still a bit Zaftig, but I like my silhouette that way. Anyways, I like how it looked paired with this H&M top, the striped bell sleeves I thought were particularly interesting.
I'll admit to being a little relieved by having these photos all ready to post today. The weather has been unbearably hot this week and taking photos of my outfits just wasn't in the cards. Mostly because my outfits have been consisting of cut-offs, sandals, and any shirt that lets a breeze through. I'm also red as a tomato due to an unfortunate lack of forethought before going to the beach on Tuesday. Wear sunscreen, folks. I feel so terrible for my cats during this weather, they just lie on the tiled floor waiting for sunset and some cool air to blow through, I'm actually considering getting and air conditioner just to make them happy. I know: crazy. cat. lady. I've heard it all before.

Do you have any tips for helping your pets stay cool in the summer?