Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dotted with hearts

This heat is killing me.
Top: Thrifted ($2)
Skirt: Thrifted ($4)
Belt: Vintage (gift)
Hat: Target ($10)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell ($60)
Bracelet: Modern Millie's Salem, MA ($4)
Massachusetts was not excluded from the heat-wave that I'm sure everybody is suffering from throughout the US. It has been abysmally hot, and even hotter inside my apartment. It felt good to actually get dressed today, at least in something other than cut off shorts or a bathing suit. This heat has definitely been putting a damper on my motivation, I think it just makes me mover really slow. Like I'm walking through sand or something.

So on to my outfit. I've had this polka-dot tank for over a year and this was the first time I've worn it. Definitely one of those things that I bought and then forgot about, and on a whim I tried it with this linen skirt I picked up on friday. I really like how the dark blue and teal work together, and adding the unexpected red of my shoes and bracelet really make the whole thing pop. The hat is really just there to cover up my frizzy hot-weather-hair.
I've received a lot of question lately regarding where I do my vintage/ thrift shopping. And while I won't get into it now, I assure you I'm working on a big post discussing the matter. If the hot weather would let up a bit so i could actually work on it!

Have a great night!

P.S. Check back tomorrow for a giveaway!