Monday, June 28, 2010

Over the weekend Style File...

Ah, how was everyone's weekend? Mine was so nice!
Shirt: J.Crew outlet ($40)
Skirt: Thrifted ($5)
Belt: Thrift (gift from mom)
Shoes: c/o Pac Sun Spring Break Crew
Sunglasses: Fred Flare ($11)
Necklace: c/o Dolly and Boy
Above Photos: Chris
These pictures are from Saturday when Chris and I travelled out to central Mass to go to Jen's baby shower. I wore this new-to-me skirt that I picked up on Friday, it reminds me of a cross between a Basquiat painting and an early 90's music video. Two excellent things. I actually found the skirt earlier in the week but decided against it because it was so bright. Well, when I went back to the thrift store and finding it still on the rack, I decided it was fate and it had to be mine. Because the print is so busy I paired it with a simple chambray shirt and favorite belt, and I'm wearing it again today with a grey t-shirt. I think a lot of the time prints like this can be intimidating, it seems like nothing would match it, when in fact they're incredibly versatile.

Jens's party was so much fun! It was refreshing to attend a baby shower where guests didn't ooh and ahh for hours while the mom-to-be opened gift after gift. I know I sound like a pessimist, but I've been to those kind of showers, and as a guest they're not fun. But instead of humiliating baby shower games (seriously, guess the baby food flavor...I don't know where to begin), there was tug of war, home run derby, and a bonfire with marshmallows. It was wonderful and I'm so glad I got to see Jen, I love that girl and she and Kev are going to be the most incredible parents! She even made her dress for the occasion, girl's got some serious skills:
Photo above: Kev
One of the best parts were the mustache photos!
Above photo: Jen
How was your weekend?