Thursday, July 29, 2010

6 Years in the Making...

we're gettin' hitched!
Chris actually popped the question in the car in the rain on Saturday night, not in a photo-booth, but we thought this would be a cute way of announcing our huge news considering we've been visiting this particular photo-booth since the beginning of our relationship. He had more romantic plans, but unfortunately they were dashed by a trip to the emergency room on Friday night after he tripped and fell in Boston and shattered his right hand. It's been quite a week! We've both had such a hard time holding this back from blogging and Facebook, but wanted to at least contact the majority of our families first (I still haven't gotten in touch with my step-mom who is out at sea- she's a Merchant Marine). I'm so ridiculously excited! The ring he gave me is perfect, he picked it out himself but brought along my mom and two of his closet friends for second opinions, it's art deco style from the 1930's and completely beautiful. Every time I think of him going with my Mom and his friends, I tear up a little, it kills me.
These are all the photos that we've taken over our six years together at the same photo-booth. Chris and I met in high school, but didn't start dating until the end of my Sophomore year of college. We've certainly had our ups and downs, including two difficult years of long-distance-love, but we helped each other through it all. Words really can not describe how much I love him, and how excited I am to be his wife.

So this is my big news! I was hoping to be able to post it yesterday, but we literally spent the entire day from 10 am to 9:30 pm in different hospitals trying to get his hand fixed. It was a compound fracture, where the bone breaks the skin, yeah it's disgusting and I hated seeing him in that much pain. Hopefully he'll be able to get it completely fixed by next week!

So, I'm sorry for getting all mushy on here, I know I don't talk about my relationship that much on this blog, and I promise that this isn't going to turn into wedding central, but I wanted to share this with you all!

Have a great night!