Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Re-Cap: Part 1

Wow, I really can't believe it's the last day of 2010, this year has just completely flown by! I'm going to do a re-cap of the year in two parts sharing some of my favorite memories, today is part one and I meant to have part two ready for this afternoon, but these things take longer than expected so it'll be later in the weekend. In part one we'll look back on January through June:

January:
In January things were pretty quiet, I introduced my second "Hair-Do How-To" and I had my first magazine feature (and promptly ordered five copies)!

February:
In February we introduced the Delightful Dozen, I celebrated Valentines day with my sweetheart, Bea and I had our second collaborative show with This Collective Pull, and Jen and I travelled to NYC where she told me she was expecting baby Rowan and we celebrated NYFW with some amazing ladies!

March:
In March Chris and I attended the illustrious Trashfinders Ball, I launched a third "Hair-Do How-To", I found some amazing shoes, and professed my undying love for Barbie. Oh and Zephyr finally got his close-up.

April:
In April, I was ecstatic to announce that I had been chosen as ModCloth's "Blogger of the Moment", I debuted the "Orchid Grey Dress", Chris and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary, and i showed you one of my favorite places.

May:
In May I introduced you to the Swapaholics, I appreciated my body in "Dress Your Best Week", I started taking better care of myself, and the weather finally got warmer!

June:
In June my little brother shocked everyone and graduated from high school, I celebrated the one year anniversary of Orchid Grey, I watched two wonderful people get married, somewhere in there I left my job as an admissions counselor, and i posted more photos from the swap!

I'll be posting July through September later on this weekend so stay tuned!

Have a happy and safe New Year!



25 comments:

Aesthetic Alterations said...

Happy New Year! 2010 was a beautiful one for you!

Indira said...

You have had such amazing growth this year. can't wait to see the rest.

Punky said...

Happy New Year!! Thanks for making my 2010 more awesome!
<3

LahTeaDah said...

What a Fabulous 2010 you had!
Was so much fun see so many familiar faces in your Blogger Meet-up Shoot! WOW! Wish I lived closer!

Wishing you much success in 2011!

XOXO
Yours Truly

PS: come pop by the blog and enter in my Giveaway - http://bit.ly/h1iUnC

pearli said...

thank you for being one of my favorites of 2010.
hope the future only gets bigger and brighter for you and chris.
*

La Rizada said...

i ADORE the first picture under april. looks like you've had a terrific year, can't wait to follow along in 2011!

carrie
larizadablog.blogspot.com

Aubsent From Texas said...

What a year and this is only up thru june! Can't wait to see the rest!

Dawn said...

WOW! I HAVE NOT SEEN MOST OF THESE POST SINCE I AM A NEW FOLLOWER BUT THEY ARE GORGEOUS...HAPPY NEW YEAR! DAWN SUITCASE VIGNETTES...

upatreecupatea said...

The photo with the cat cut out is definitely one of my favorites. Plus I looooove that dress!

Veronica said...

I've only been following you since the summer , so it's a little funny to me to see your early-2011 style. Well, not funny haha, but you were definitely more accessorized and your garments seem a little more structured You're much more flow-y and folk-y now... I think. Idk. I'm mostly just amused to recognize you from the Delightful Dozen and not think of you as "one of the other bloggers." I'm glad to have found orchidgrey.

Malicious Mallory said...

Wow, you looked great all year! Your hair is sooooo pretty! :)

Awkward Socialite said...

What an eventful year!

Raji said...

Fantastic round up
Happy New Year!
Can't wait to see what you get up to in the coming year
Wish you the best for 2011

ana b. said...

Terrific! You're such a bombshell, in a good way. Looking forward to your 2011 outfit posts.

Screamyourfeelingsout. said...

Happy Newyear, sweetie!

I like your blog!
&. Maybe you’ll like to follow me, so we can follow eachother?

Love &. Kisses, Valerie
screamyourfeelingsout.blogspot.com

The Girl with Pearl Earrings. said...

Hello, sweet girl,
just wanted to stop by and say that you're my absolute inspiration. You're so beautiful, drop-down gorgeous!, so interesting and incredibly charismatic. Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Aww, I loved reading this! It was so so great to meet you this year - I hope we get to see each other again in 2011!! xo

curious constellation said...

Happy New Year! It's lovely to see what things you did before I started following you.

Kinsey Michaels said...

you achieved so much just in that little span. it must have been a blast going to NYFW! i tried to go to as many boston fashion week events as i could, but it's hard to compare our city's stuff to NYCs!
congrats on the magazine feature & modcloth feature as well!

Wild Goose Chase said...

Happy New Year! You've had such a fun time by the look of things! All the best to you in 2011. O

Oh and I love the kitty, scho schweet!


Please take a peek at my blog y'all, and if you like it, please follow!

http://www.thiswildgoosechase.blogspot.com/

Love and snow xxx

AnnaBananaCupcake said...

I have just loved watching you grow and change this last year (hope that doesn't sounds creepy). Your outfits are so inspiring and always feel like "you". I can't wait to see what is in store for the next year.
XOXO

lindsay fisher-collie said...

looks like you had a great year! i haven't been following you quite that long, but i'm looking forward to seeing all that's in store in this new year! p.s. love your kitty- so cute!

hasnain raza said...

Searching for some new Facebook Covers Online...??? Here is the best for Fb Covers, All type of Covers, Ramadan, Eid, Festivals, Exhibitation, Celebrities and Much More
UniqueFbCovers.Com

Danish Here said...

This business is best for you on house earnings, just invest some money and get double profit within a week, join now
Fb.com/groups/AlltimeProfit
alltimeprofit.com

Danish Here said...

Earning is on the way for you, any time get income, best hourly stable plans
EarningsClub.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!