Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wild horses couldn't drag me away

Velvet blazer: BB Dakota/ TjMaxx ($20)
Striped shirt: J.Crew outlet ($10 old)
Jeans: Madewell Hi Riser (sale)
Boots: J.Crew (super sale)
Belt: vintage (photoshoot)
(photos by Chris)
This is what I wore Saturday night out to Worcester for a friend's birthday party. I wanted something classic and comfortable, but most of all I wanted to be warm and show off my new riding boots! It has been so cold the past few days, colder than I remember it being last winter. We've received a good amount of snow too, it's snowing right now, I love it! Last week I took advantage of a promotion through work and ordered myself a new pair of boots, a dress, and a winter jacket, everything came right in time for the negative degree weather, thank goodness or else I would still be freezing! I have never been much of a boot person- mostly because I despise socks- but they're a necessary accessory when you live in New England. I seem to have recently hit the jackpot boot-wise, because I now have them practically coming out my ears! I found another pair at the swap on Thursday that I can't wait to show off.

Anyways, like I said I wanted something classic. I kept my accessories simple with just a gold belt, and brass earrings and necklace. I love these earrings, they were kindly sent over by Noble Town Vintage and I've been wearing them non-stop. I found that once my hair reached a certain length, I stopped wearing earrings as much, because I couldn't really see them. But now I think it's all about the style you wear. These are eye-catching enough to not get lost in my tresses, but don't weigh me down either. Check back tomorrow for a chance to win a pair for yourself!
This week I'm focusing on a shop update, which was supposed to happen last week. I have a ton of stuff to list, but all that stuff needs to be ironed! And guess what?! It's my birthday week!

35 comments:

Tanglewood Baked Goods said...

I am a recovering sock-despiser and have found that Target really has some pretty okay (maybe even great) tall socks. Anyway, I really dig this winter color palette you've been working!

Diana said...

lovely boots !

sparkle is a color (Katrina) said...

I love those boots! This whole outfit is so perfect. nice find with the blazer too.

xx, Katrina

chichichic.wordpress.com said...

great blazer! perfect outfit!

kelsey said...

you look most fabulous! i love that blazer.

La Rizada said...

love the slight cat eyeliner with the breton stripes and earrings...very brigitte bardot in a way.

carrie

La Rizada

Lexie, Little Boat said...

it's always so hard for me to resist those giant jcrew sales! 40% off! ahhh!

those boots are fantastic, and the song choice is appro for the look. and it happens to be my favorite stones song. :)

Melanie said...

The whole outfit is perfect, especially the boots. Aren't employee discounts great!

Santina said...

Such a classic and chic look! I love the fit of that blazer and that you wore it with the collar popped - adorable!

Becca Jane said...

I love the simple chic feeling of this outfit. That blazer is fabulous!

Amethyst said...

like the combination of marine t-shirt and snow <3 <3 <3

Rachel said...

Beautiful outfit, and it really highlights the boots. :D

curious constellation said...

Brilliant outfit! Excited about your birthday!

Michal said...

Those boots are fabulous! You look so classy & that blazer is great. Awesome post title too. (: Can't resist the Stones!

Hannah said...

I love the simplicity of this outfit!
The blazer and boots together make remind me of horse riding lessons at a private school or something. But you're way more stylish than they are! :)

Jason Lieder said...

This is a great Boston photo shoot. It's soo cold out side. The snow is a perfect background. Nice pics.

Eliise said...

The first photo has gorgeous lighting, very good shot!

Paper Heart Girl said...

Love those new boots! I adore riding boots..! Looking forward to hearing all about your birthday celebrations this week! xxx


alwaysxbeing.blogspot.com
xxx

Melanie said...

Happy birthday week! Those boots are fabulous. I really like this whole outfit--you totally nailed comfortable chic.

Melanie@Unravelled Threads
Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

the peach chablis said...

Love the boots! I've been addicted to a grey pair of riding boots lately!

www.thepeachchablis.blogspot.com
(giveaway posted!)

Hilary Grace said...

So pretty.
Oh I love those boots. I am really picky about boots, but those are so nice. I want em!
Happy birthday week. Hope it's really special! :)

Rebecca said...

Perfect classic boots, I bet you'll be wearing them for years. The light in these photos is so unusual. I like how the snow really effects it.

upatreecupatea said...

those boots..ohhh la la!

Anjela said...

OMG-love those boots! The entire outfit is awesome, as per usual ;)

Happy B-day week! (I love celebrating my birthday for an extensive period of time!)

Kate said...

I REALLY love those boots!! So much so that before I even read the rest of your post I scooted over to the J Crew website to see if they were still there! (they're not! boo.) So classic!

kelly ann said...

ADORE your boots. so much.

The Bohemienne said...

I agree that Target has some really cute OTK socks right now.

Loving the blazer--and what a great price!

Irene said...

Love this! You look stunning!

xoxo irene
www.myfashionfindings.com

Maria E. said...

I love the boots! Super cute outfit. :)

-- Maria E.
www.uneasyimpressions.blogspot.com

the other emily said...

I'll echo the Target sock recommendation (it's where I got these) and add one for H&M (where I got these). I much prefer wearing tall socks with my boots - it keeps them from slipping down and getting uncomfortably scrunched around my ankle, and they feel less like a necessity and more like an accessory when they peek up above your boot tops :)

This look is great, by the way - the super classic pairing of the fitted blazer with the riding boots lets the striped top and beautiful jewelry really shine.
the other emily

Brittney said...

okay, i need a velvet blazer. stat. i especially like the skinny belt paired with the skinny stripes. fabulous.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog)

Molly MO said...

I love the simplicity of the accessories here- it's easy to over do it, but you really nailed it...

http://justlikemolly.com/

Erin Cathleen said...

Those boots are ridiculously awesome! It has been crazy-cold around here lately. And the snow just keeps a-coming. Brrr! I live in my riding boots, too. This classic-chic look you've put together is exactly the kind of outfit I'd like to live in. You've got this polished, seventies rocker chick vibe going on. Very cool. :) I have to ask: are you at all musical? Ever thought of joining a band?

widethinker said...

i'm loving the madewell jeans i've seen you wear on the blog. these are awesome!

Renee B. said...

Love the stripes! You totally rock this outfit!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!