Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Leopard and Leather



In this outfit:
Top: Thrifted ($5)
Skirt: Thrifted ($1.50)
Belt: Thrifted ($2)
Jacket: UO- last year ($30 sale)
Boots: Jeffrey Campbell/ModCloth
Tights: AA (old)
Bracelets: Gift
Necklace: Gift

Man, I've got some roots going on, huh? This was one of those outfits that I wasn't totally sold on when I left the house. Basically, it came down to having to leave for work, and this was what I was wearing at that time. I'm glad I was forced out of my comfort zone though, even though I may still not be sold on it- I've been so bored with my closet lately, I think it's a good thing to be a little uncomfortable (metaphorically) every now and then. Something about this time of year, I feel like I've worn everything in my closet at least a million times- I haven't, for the record -and I'm so sick of tights! I'm pining for the days of throwing on a dress and sandals. This is when thrift shopping is a god send, I can add something "new" to my closet and get a little refresher, without breaking the bank or feeling guilty about it.

Mandy, Terra, and I hit up Goodwill, Thriftique, and Salvation Army this weekend, and I came away with some good winter finds. For you Pittsburgh residents, Thriftique is having a 75% off sale on clothing, shoes, and accessories, which is amazing.

Did you watch the Super Bowl this weekend? We didn't, although *cough*cough* I was a little interested to see how the Patriots would do, but all we have is Apple TV/Netflix so instead we watched Friday Night Lights- which I'm now obsessed with.