Saturday, February 18, 2012

Life Lately...


...According to Instagram (user name: OrchidGrey). I'm a so SO happy it's Friday. Last weekend in NYC was great, but I'm happy to have a weekend to myself. This week was hectic. Some good, some bad:

The Good:
- I have a cat on my lap right now.
- I finally got back to the gym. I've been pretty unmotivated lately (for the record I blame the month of February), so it was great to get back into what will hopefully be a new routine.
- I made this gem.
- Chris took my excessive hinting and bought me a sweet Valentine's ring (I bought him a wallet).
- We had a great Valentines dinner at Piccolo Forno in Lawrenceville, one of our favorite restaurants.
- Today I enjoyed "Food Court Friday" with co-workers at the Robinson mall. I had a coke (I brought a tuna sandwich, which I ate later. Sometimes it's nice to go on a field trip, even if it is to the mall)..
- It's staying light out later and later!

The Bad:
- Our apartment is a mess (as usual).
- My hair is a hot, hot mess and I'm toying with the idea of growing out my bangs. I need to do something with it but I'm chicken and don't have the guts to try a new stylist.
- Our mattress is still on the floor. When we moved in, out box-spring wouldn't fit up the stairs of our place. We've been sleeping on the floor for four months.

A few more: 
- There's still time to enter the Bonlook giveaway!
- I love this simple clutch from Le Lapin D'or. Get 10% off your order with the code Grey10.
- This made me cry.
- This post of Joanna's has me thinking about what we choose to share vs. what we choose to keep private on our blogs.
- Pretty shoes for spring.
- I love this map art project, I want to make one with Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.
- Would you wear color-block shoes? I love them!
- Homemade Samoas? Yes please!
- I've been looking for flats lately, the new collection from Blowfish is perfect! Enter BFORCHID15 for 15% off!
- Another clutch to add to the list, handmade perfection.
- The perfect moto jacket, and it's vintage! Enter code orchidgrey for 15% off!

Have a happy and safe weekend!

15 comments:

Birta said...

Having a cat on your lap always helps. Yesterday morning I couldn't get out of bed because my cat was laying on my pillow, purring like crazy, and he put his paws in my hand and squeezed his face up against mine. So much love!

Laura said...

That Valentine's ring is so perfect! I love how dainty it is :)

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Kate said...

you could get this basic platform bed from Bedworks in Cambridge, MA instead of a boxspring: http://www.bedworks.net/basic-platform-bed.php

It's easy to assemble (and dis-assemble if you move), made in Cambridge of US tulip wood, and basically beautiful! I love mine.

Lottie said...

If I had a cat on my lap now I would be so happy--even if I am allergic. I miss having pets.

And I love that heart ring so pretty

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Lovely instagram pictures! Have a great weekend x

blue roses said...

i have had essentially the same hair cut for about four years now, though, i like to think, the style is much better now, in terms of layers and shapes. i also have blunt bangs, which frequently grow out, become side bangs, then sometimes some weird hybrid of bang and real hair, in which i just rely on little girl barrettes to hide them. anyway, totally commiserate with you about being reluctant to try a new style and stylist.

yay! rings! and the gym!

while it is not ideal, sleeping on the floor without a box spring, and is certainly not comely especially for someone with delicate aesthetic tastes such as yourself.... at least you are sleeping next to someone great!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Vivi K said...

I love all these pictures! Especially your leopard shoes & fun latte!
Congrats on getting back into the gym routine. I'm trying still, haha, darn February!

www.vivikstyle.blogspot.com

Molly said...

I would totally wear those color block shoes! I've never been to Spotted Moth - thanks for the link!



http://morecharminginperson.blogspot.com/

nicola lynde. said...

ahhh I can totally relate to your bad. I too have ultra long hang that courtesy of winter and scarves is constantly knotted and I know I have to change but don't have the guts. I actually always look at your hair and think 'Why can't mine look that blissful' but anyway relate to the feeling of wanting change, while being too scared to go for it. Also living in a semi finished apartment at the moment, and despite my best efforts a full time job has prevented me from feeling fully moved in after two months. Anyway thanks for sharing, often in this blogosphere peoples lives look so delightful, nice to know that we are all human.

Cait Emma said...

this is so funny - i just did an instagram-weekend post too! but i love the shoes and the love note xo how adorable!

C | www.linenandleaves.blogspot.com

Carrie Vintage said...

lovely pics <3

Swapnil said...

Lovely sets of instas!

EGO OF FASHION

Kate.Stoltzfus said...

If you are looking for a fabulous stylist in Pittsburgh, I highly recommend Leigh at Salon Boheme. It's the cutest one woman shop on Walnut St. in Shadyside. Her prices are super reasonable and she is very fun to talk to.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/salon-boheme-pittsburgh

P.S. I totally have a cat on my lap, too!

Mona Gray said...

Do you still have your box spring? Ours wouldn't fit up the stairs in our house and also it would not fit into the basement, so we sawed it in half (something a mover had suggested) and its now upstairs & put back together without much of an issue. Just a suggestion if you still have the old one and not much to do with it.

Best,
Breanna

Sofia said...

Oh I can relate to the new apartment woes. The boyfriend and I slept on the floor for the first month before buying an air mattress and then finally a bed that takes up the majority of our room. I'm still not sure how the friendly guys who brought us the mattress actually got it into our apartment.

Before you know it, it's been almost two months you're still staring at one suitcase that you have yet to unpack.

And my poor hair has suffered through the whole thing. If I wasn't in the middle of a personal challenge to grow it out, I was close to hacking it off myself.

It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!