Tuesday, February 28, 2012

On Tuesday

 
 
In This Outfit: 
Dress: vintage via Avolon Ex. ($13)
Jacket: Forever 21 (so old)
Belt: J.Crew (sale...old)
Tights: AA ($25)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell "Rumi"
Bracelet: Forever 21 ($3)

Hello! I'm writing to you from the haze of what has been the Worst Cold Ever. It's been a long time since I've been "little kid sick", what I mean is, the whole she-bang: vick's vapo rub, humidifier, chicken soup,  sleeping for almost an entire day, watching Cher movies... Ugh. Today I can finally breathe a little, although I'm definitely still out of it and weaving around the house like a drunk toddler.

Anyway, let's try to make some sense here. I've been experimenting with pinning my overgrown bangs back lately, and I have to say, I'm enjoying the change. Having my hair tied back always makes me feel more awake, and generally "with it". I can actually say that I was inspired by a runway look here, the undone ponytails at Pamela Love's fall 2012 presentation. See? I'm "with it"! Outfit wise, this jacket has been in and out of my "donate" pile for the past year and a half. I think I should just give up and keep it.

Cheers!

25 comments:

Justalazymorning said...

veru cute

Tammy said...

I hope you feel better! At least you look great! and I love how the background matches the pattern on your dress.

modern Suburbanites said...

this outfit is super cute! i love the belt.

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Gillie said...

That bright pink dress is perfect and I love your jean jacket, the shape is so cool

xo Gillie

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

Love your bangs pinned back, it's always fun to change it up!! You look gorgeous with both though. :) And I love this outfit, the dress is adorable and so is your styling of it!!

Too funny about the jacket, I have a denim one too that I wear perpetually, and it also lives in my giveaway pile... I think I'll follow your advice & keep it! ;)

christen + shane said...

Don't forget to watch Monstruck (the best Cher movie EVER)! Feel better :)

-christen

Rocks Paper Metal said...

Awesome knotted belt! Yay for neons :)

www.RocksPaperMetal.etsy.com
www.RocksPaperMetal.com

chantilly said...

aww, feel better julie! you still look lovely. x

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

that dress is amazing! i don't think you can ever beat a good vintage novelty print.

Sabrina said...

love the jacket!

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

feel better!!!! i love your hair pinned like this!

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Rae Veda said...

I love your hot pink belt and of course the pattern on your dress is darling as well. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

FutureLint said...

That dress is so pretty and I love how you played up the bit of pink and blue in it with the jacket and belt! Feel better soon and enjoy your time with Cher!

kate gabrielle said...

Feel better soon!! :)

Birta said...

Love your hair. I've been playing that game with my hair lately, straightening it and putting it in a messy ponytail. Looks great but is so comfortable at the same time.

Laura said...

Your hair is amazing! You should do a tutorial for that style (if you haven't already) :)

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

MsVeve said...

You look absolutely gorgeous!! (But I do love your "with-bangs" look as well;)) Hope you feel better soon*
x Miss V
(msveve.blogspot.com)

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

Aww that sucks, I hope you are feeling better! I laughed at the drunk toddler comment!
Also, wherever you are in this picture is AMAZING! But so is your outfit so it works. Love the light dress and dark colored tights, I'm going to have to try that.

Mini said...

Your bangs look awesome! Hope you feel better soon!

pleasebemylouisiana.blogspot.com

chillairandperfume said...

What a pretty dress! I love the pattern and the fun, spring colors.

xo,
Hannah
www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Lu minijuegos said...

very pretty dress is a super blog

Jennifer said...

I think your bangs look good either way :) I always love your maroon tights!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Stephanie said...

Wow your dress is incredible and I love your hair

Faith Wall

Ashley Ording said...

Oh geez, lady... that hair! You're so dreamy. xo

Betsy said...

Lovely dress! The print is so sweet and fem. You look great.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!