Tuesday, March 6, 2012

In the Clutch

 
Photos by Mandy
In This Outfit:
Coat: Vintage/Thrifted ($25)
Dress: Vintage/Thrifted ($6)
Belt: Vintage/Thrifted ($1-ish?)
Clutch: Vintage/Thrifted ($2)

When I think about how the next couple of week's worth of outfit photos will most likely be the last of winter, I sort of can't believe it. When we moved to Pittsburgh, we had no idea what to expect in terms of winter weather. I know this year was far milder than most (according to my coworkers), but compared to even the mildest New England winter, this has been a cake walk. I know part of it has to do with being back in an office: I can trudge in in the morning wearing my sensible Sorel's, and change into not-so-sensible footwear at my desk. But then we had days like this too, where the winter sun shone a little warmer, and there were glimpses of spring beneath it all.

I've been thrifting a lot lately. It helps to work in an office full of ladies who appreciate the thrill of the hunt when it comes to shopping, lots of shopping buddies. I found this dress and clutch in the same day, two things I have been looking for: a great sweater-dress and an envelop clutch. I love it when the thrift gods align!

In other news: I'm stressing out over what to pack for Austin (I know, first world problems), I can't wait for warm weather (like anyone can wait for it), I am SO excited to get my hair done at Do or Dye in Houston on Thursday afternoon!

How is your Tuesday morning going?

Oh, also, I've had a few people comment asking what kind of bun this is/is it a sock bun. Well, it's just my hair, in a high ponytail, wrapped around itself. :) Tutorial soon?