Thursday, March 1, 2012

Something Old


In This Outfit:
Dress: Vintage via Beacon's Closet ($32)
Top: Vintage c/o Pineapple Mint (2010)
Shoes c/o Lulu's (back in stock!)
Bracelet: Vintage (Swapped)
Tights: AA (old)

This has been one of my favorite outfits lately. It feels rare to find a vintage mini dress that fits in both the bust and hips, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, let alone a leather mini dress. I died a little when I found this beauty at Beacon's Closet. Actually, I just did a dorky little dance in the dressing room. I've been on the hunt for a leather dress forever, and I'm so happy I found it vintage. If you follow me on Instagram, I posted the tag- Zig Zag- last week. Judging by the typography and label, I'm guessing (but it's just a guess, so if anyone knows any different let me know) that it's made by the rolling paper company of the same name? I kind of hope so. Lately, I feel like I've fallen in love with vintage again. Maybe it's because I've had some great luck thrifting/vintage shopping, or that I've been rediscovering the vintage items in my closet and finding new ways to wear them (this shirt <- two other ways it's been worn), but I feel motivated again to hunt down unique items.

And on a completely separate- but no less important- note, thank you all SO MUCH for your comments on yesterday's post. I don't often write super personal posts on here, mainly because I have difficulty writing about myself. I can write a dress description no problem, but when it comes to writing in the first person, I clam up. It's something that I'm going to try to change in the coming year.

Happy Thursday!

Oh, and P.S. it's March 1st, RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT!
(do you play this game, it's a fierce competition in my family)