Friday, April 13, 2012

Life Lately...


Top Row: flowers, the tiniest sunbather, more flowers
Bottom Row: Drama, more flowers, Zephyr pretty much gives it away

Top Row: Advice from a coaster, finally found Rumors on vinyl, accessories shed as soon as I get to work
Bottom Row: Life Magazine 1965 (sugar! It's Good For Kids!), Road Trip Planning, Life Magazine 1965 (A girl-size pen, finally!) 

Dudes. It's Friday. Thank freaking god, where's there a pillow I can face-plant into? Thanks to an overly ambitious workout paired with a surprise arthritis flare-up, I feel as though I've been hit by a bus. Whining aside, I'm ready for a weekend filled with relaxing and eating and maybe a slightly less ambitious trip to the gym (we'll see, we'll see). Oh yeah, and a whole lot of sleep. A Massachusetts friend is coming to visit us on Saturday, too, and I'm looking forward to more Pittsburgh exploration with him.

I've been pinning lots of DIY ideas lately, and I would love to set aside some time this weekend to actually DO one or two. I think that's one of my biggest goals after I get our workspace in order, to actually have some projects in the works again. What are you working on right now? Anything exciting? I'd love to recreate these.

Oh, and maybe you're wondering what's with all the flowers? I have a super exciting post for my work coming up next week! I'm so proud of how the whole thing came out and I can't wait to share it with you. And can I just say how much I loved having fresh flowers in the house? We rarely buy them because the cats like to nibble, so the flowers usually end up shut in the bathroom or some other weird and inconvenient place, but I kept a bouquet of ranunculus and they were beautiful. 

Here's what caught my attention this week:  

1. Bearded ladies. I can't pick a favorite. It might be Princess Beatrice. Or Michelle Rodriguez, who manages to be both incredibly intimidating yet alluring.

2. What happens to 3 out of 4 girls after leafing through a fashion mag for 3 minutes. When I see stuff like this, it makes me incredibly thankful that I grew up in a relatively isolated community, in a- nearly media-less household, with no cell phones or internet. I can't imagine being a young person in 2012. But that's another post for another day.

3. This retro swimsuit reminds me of the suit that Barbie originally wore, I love how simple but eye-catching it is.

4. This makes me laugh so hard, these two cats are exactly like Zeb and Zephyr. One desires cheeseburgers, while the other longs for freedom and dignity.

5. I'm not usually one for cut-out shoulders, but I'm willing to compromise for the studded collar of this pretty top

6. Pink skull beads? Gold chain? Yes please.

7. Minty brogues, get in my closet. Now I just need $210. They're awfully pretty to look at though, le sigh.

8. I'm in love with this enamel bracelet. Plus, from what I've experienced so far, the sizing of these hinge bracelets is perfect for wimpy- er, I mean delicate- wristed ladies like myself. 

9. This. Except it's the last picture, all the time. I got gums and I know how to use 'em.

10. Leopard print maxi skirt. In. Love.  (enter Grey10 at checkout for 10% off)

11. I want to get married again just so I can wear this vintage dress. LOOK AT THAT NECKLINE?! 

12. These. With a sheer floral dress. (enter orchidgrey at checkout for 15% off)

13. Sadly, the Facebook timeline was forced on me last week. What a bummer. On the upside however, you can now send me a direct message on FB! So, if you've ever had terrible luck emailing me, I'm much less dodgy on FB!

 Have a relaxing weekend!