Friday, October 26, 2012

This Week I...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Above: Photos from my walk through the woods with Veronika and Bryan

// Visited Veronika in Philadelphia // Went to a flea market // Traveled to NYC for eight hours // Took two airplane rides and managed to hold myself together // Worked from home // Drank too much coffee // Was nearly run down by a deer in my backyard // Celebrated one year in Pittsburgh // Celebrated one year at ModCloth // Went to Banjo Night // Got back on the healthy eating wagon // baked two batches of cookies // Plan on attending the company Oktoberfest tonight // Am looking forward to Saturday // Tried- and failed- to take self-portraits // Cleaned the house // Wore shorts and a tee shirt on October 25th // Enjoyed this week, but am glad it's over // Also, kind of digging the larger photos // 

[edit] A cat update (because I know you all are on the edge of your seats!): Today was the first real foray into possible re-friendship. As I type this, I am very nervously sitting in the same room with the two of them, watching like a hawk. They're currently lying across from each other, staring deeply into each others souls... I know we're not out of the woods yet- far from it- but I'm optimistic. I can't thank those of you enough who shared similar stories and/or have left me supportive comments. If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know how obsessed with my cats I am, so it means a lot to me to hear similar stories, and stories of success.

9 comments:

Daisy Chain Gang Vintage said...

love your blog. xo

Orchid Grey said...

thank you!

Mardle Made said...

Love that you followed 'got back on the healthy eating waging' with 'baked two batches of cookies!'
Busy week!

How are the kitties getting on now?

Emma xx

Www.mardlemade.com

G. said...

These photos are gorgeous! Sounds like a busy but fun/rewarding week. Good luck with the kitties!

Messy said...

Beautiful photos!

Cheers,
Messy

Anna said...

every fall for the last 4 years, I went running in Schenley Park. I may be in foliage-ridden Vermont now, but I really miss those dark dirt paths and the solid canopy of colorful leaves!

and I'm glad to hear your cats are becoming friends again. I couldn't imagine if my cats were having similar problems.

Justalazymorning said...

love these pics!

Paula T said...

Beautiful pictures! I love a woodland walk, especially when the leaves are turning and there's a slight chill in the air. http://paulatasker.squarespace.com

THE DIVINITUS said...

Divine.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!