Friday, November 30, 2012

Currently...

 Photobucket
It's been a few weeks since I did a currently post, and a lot has been going on. This week started off on a low note but improved a little each day, and I'm so excited for this weekend. Can you believe it's (almost) December? This weekend I'm planning on getting back on the organizational horse and cleaning the crap out of our apartment, because it needs to be done. I also need to make a plan for December, we need to tackle this beast. What's happening in your life?

Listening to:
Lots of dreamy, drone-y stuff. I joined Spotify a couple of weeks ago, which has made such a huge difference, so much better than Pandora (my only complaint being the advertisements for super pop-y dance music that interrupt every now and then, which are incredibly jarring when nudged between the mellow music I prefer). A few new-to-me artists/bands I'm loving: Chelsea Wolfe, Widowspeak, Barn Owl, and Still Corners, SUN O)))). Basically anything that's melodic and maybe a little dark is perfect for work, I have a hard time concentrating when there's too much going on in a song.

Watching:
Lawless. So brutal, so good. I will watch Tom Hardy on screen any day of the week, and I didn't realize until now that that Nick Cave wrote the screenplay, which makes it even better. We also just finished the first and only season of Undeclared, which has made me nostalgic for the late 90's and early college.

Photobucket

Reading:
I just finished The Vanishers which was strange and different but completely read-able. Now I'm about three-quarters of the way through Freakonomics, which I'm also enjoying.

Excited About:
I've started taking a yoga class twice a week and I love it! I cancelled my gym membership last month, and while I'll probably join a new one after the holidays, yoga has been the perfect accompaniment to my running routine. Ideally, I'd love to not have to join a gym again, so my next goal is to purchase a set of weights and a kettlebell. As much as I find the gym motivating, I have to literally drag myself there, but when I'm left to my own devices, it's much easier to schedule work-outs. I'd love to set a regular, at-home routine for myself.

I've been feeling super inspired fashion-wise lately, too. Especially in the thrift shopping department. The other day I realized that I've been a little lazy lately, in my off hours and at work-- relying on the same old combinations, when some of those combinations aren't really my style anymore. I've been pinning lots of outfit inspiration and keeping a fairly specific list with me when I'm out at thrift stores. Chris and I made a little thrift trip yesterday and I'm really excited about what I found. I love thrifting in Pennsylvania!
Photobucket

Anticipating:
I get to see my family soon! I'm so, so exited to be going to Maine this month! 

How was your week?

Currently post inspired by Danielle of Sometimes Sweet!