Monday, November 26, 2012

Inspired By: Oh Edie

Photobucket
via Almost Famous Cats (which is the best Tumblr ever)

First I typed this: "As much as I love cats, I think the chances are slim that the obsession gets to Little Edie status." And then I looked down... and realized that I'm sitting on the couch in the dark, wearing a man's sweater and a floor-length wool skirt with my hair in an old-lady-poufy bun, and Zephyr is sitting on my lap facing me, meditating on the space between my eyes.

If I ever start feeding the racoons, take me out back and put me out of my misery. But seriously, standing amidst that nightmare pile of who-knows-what is a pretty fascinating woman wearing an outfit that I would copy in a heartbeat. The cats don't hurt her allure either.

8 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

lol nice! I'm allergic to cats =( but they're so cute and I tried forcing myself to have one...didn't work out


http://lavieenliz.com

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

i LOVE this! little edie is one of my fashion icons as well!

Amanda Davis said...

I find their story incredibly fascinating. In watching Grey Gardens, it was actually sad but then they chose to live that way so you couldn't feel too bad for them.

I also find myself in cat lady status sometimes but then I remind myself I do have a SO and a dog so they even out those tendencies haha!

Amanda of Prim and Propah

Birta said...

A photobombing cat is all I need to brighten my day.

Morgan Erina said...

I love Grey Gardens! Great film. Edie is such a character in it, especially when she starts singing :)

blue roses said...

a wanton dose of eccentricity, or even insanity, does not always exclude creativity, a beautiful mind or spirit.... just a different lens of peering through at the environment i suppose.

"grey gardens" has been on my list for ages; perhaps tonight after toiling here at work! fantasies of isolationism are welcome.

AnnaBananaCupcake said...

Oh Grey Gardens is one of my all time favorite films/documentaries. I dressed as Little Edie a couple of Halloweens ago too. This is a great photo too!
XOXO

The Littlest Smitten said...

I loved the movie. I even somewhat enjoyed the Drew Barrymore one too. A fascinating woman indeed. We got a new cat a month ago and I'm so in love with her. I can't imagine not having a feline friend around.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!