Monday, November 19, 2012

Inspired By: The Sea

Via One Quarter Anna via Flickr/JohnLocke

I know it's no secret that I miss the ocean, I've made it known, but I'm willing to risk sounding like a broken record. I miss that ever-present vantage point of direction, that open void of land, the fiery sunrises and sunsets that just don't seem to exist inland.


lauren, curious constellation said...

I've lived by the sea my whole life and I guess I take for granted the fact that I can just go down to the beach and stare out into the openness. It's great to be reminded of this as I know how much it really does calm me having the ocean close by.

Sydney said...

I miss the ocean too...It seems like it crawled in my veins when I saw it on my honeymoon and now I think about it all the time. Luckily my husband and I are moving to the coast very soon, so all I have to do now is look forward to it.


Oh, man. I get it. I was landlocked for over a decade and now that I'm not, I can't imagine living inland again. The ocean is a powerful, humbling and amazing thing. I like being close to it!

Colleen Beaty said...

I feel your pain! I have such a strong connection to the ocean and I miss going there as often as I used to be able. Ever since I moved to Maryland my ability to get to the ocean has been seriously limited due to the distance.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!