Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wishwanderer

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 Photos taken by Christen
In this outfit:
Scarf: Gap ($5 sale 2011)
Jacket via ModCloth
Top: Vintage/ Etsy ($19)
Pants: American Apparel Riding Pants
Shoes: Bass via ModCloth (old, similar)
Necklace: Flea Market/ Gift
Bracelet: Thrifted ($2)

Where I wore it: To work

I have a couple pairs of these riding pants in the back of my closet that I always seem to forget about, but really they're perfect for a day where I just want to be comfortable (like on Monday). I'm not much of a legging person, but these are a happy medium, the fabric is substantial and structured and I find them infinitely more flattering for myself than a pair of jersey leggings. Anyways, I had a morning of photo-shoots planned at work and this outfit was perfect for that.

I've relegated myself to flats this week to take some pressure off my knee in preparation for tomorrow's race and it seems to be working. Are you celebrating Thanksgiving? We're going to the race in the morning and then making a mini-Thanksgiving dinner, probably watching Alice's Restaurant as we do every year, and then taking a mini-hike through Frick park. As much as I miss my family, I do appreciate the excuse of distance to spend this holiday together, just the two of us.

Today is the last day to enter for your chance to win $200 to Lulu's!

20 comments:

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

i love riding pants! the colors in this outfit are very "november-y."

Girl and Closet said...

This outfit is STUNNING! The colours, scarf, and those flats. Just wow, wow all around lady! And... enjoy your thanksgiving it sounds like you & Chris have an awesome one planned for yourselves! xo

Jill Simons said...

So beautiful! I love this color combination.

I'm doing a nationwide blogger search right now! Find out how to enter here!

peace&love, Jill
Favor the Brave

Michelle | CreatureType.com said...

I love this! The riding pants are amazing, shoes are adorable, mustard coat is fab... you're on point, lady!

ROR said...

Love the color of the jacket... I've been trying to decide between it and a burnt orange for this year's splurge. Happy Thanksgiving!

from R.O.R.

niki said...

those pants look so comfy!
~niki <3
http://youngandimmortal.blogspot.com/

Caitie Schlisserman said...

LOVE all of these colors together. they are perfect for Fall! also that scarf looks so cozy... I want it!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Heidi said...

Loving the color of that jacket on you. Great photos. -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

Jules said...

Your outfit is amazing I adore you jacket its color is so beautiful!
xoxo

Jennifer said...

I have scarf envy!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

nicola lynde said...

Love those riding pants, American apparel is always one of those place I can't be bothered to try clothes on in, but maybe I should.

Haylie said...

Gorgeous!! I love the color combination and that jacket is perfect :)

-Haylie

Melissa said...

I really like the colors you're wearing here. Those shoes are adorable, too.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

L.D. N. said...

Ugh! Those pants are so amazing! I'm with you on your sentiment about leggings and these are a great option for the ladies who don't really want to risk flashing their goodies in questionably thick-enough leggings. Plus, the color options! Budgeting these into my life seems like a priority.

My family does a huge, 60+ person thanksgiving that is pretty much mandatory attendance for all blood relatives. It's great to see everyone all together and we always go around and have everyone stand up and say what their thankful for. We always place bets on which of the aunts will cry during theirs. Spoiler: It's always my Aunt Dawn.

Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like you'll have a great one!

Gypsy Alchemy

Porcelain Eleanor said...

your snood looks so big and snuggly! I love your whole outfit!
Eleanor x

Femke said...

Still love the jacket! Hopefully your knee is better now. Have a nice thanksgiving!

xoxo, Femke
By Button

blue roses said...

those are amazing riding pants; i agree, sometimes the jersey, though comfortable, is a bit too informal and pajama-like. the pants look perfect with that ochre jacket!

happy thanksgiving!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Suburban Sweetheart said...

This outfit is incredible and, I think, not one that a lot of people could pull off. It's so incredibly flattering in you & looks gorgeous!

Kyla said...

That coat = dreamy.

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

You are killing it in these pants, lady! I've been considering picking up a pair of the AA riding pants myself. I think you've just taken me to the other side of the fence!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!