Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Brunch Baby

 photo OrchidGrey_January232013-1_zps1849bfd0.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_January232013-2_zpsfb3e607a.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_January232013-3_zpse5125f58.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_January232013-5_zpsa2378b1f.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_January232013-4_zpsd6d147cf.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_January232013-8_zps272eb2f9.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_January232013-6_zpsbce5ce3a.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_January232013-7_zps2d247292.jpg
What I wore:
Coat: Ichi via ModCloth
Sweatshirt: Rachel Antonoff via ModCloth (find it here)
T-shirt: Target ($8)
Jeans: J.Crew sale ($10 old)
Sneakers: Nike Dunk Sky Hi ($120)
Hat: Brixton (from Chris)
Black & gold bracelet c/o Lulu's
Gold chain bracelet: Thrifted ($2)
Bag: Vintage Coach/ Avalon ($22)

Where I wore it: Sunday brunch

Lately it seems the only thing we're capable of accomplishing on Sundays is brunch. And maybe a little window shopping. There are always grand plans of hitting up a museum or going for a hike, but when it comes down to it, Sundays in January are meant for brunch and not much else, at least to us.

So this is what I wore on a freezing cold day to eat good food. It has been incredibly freezing the past few days, making me thankful that I finally purchased a puffy coat this year. I've been wearing iterations of this outfit on and off over the past week, always with my two new obsessions: this sweatshirt and these sneakers. When all is said and done I'm a creature of comfort- I like jeans, and sneakers, and sweatshirts, and comfy t-shirts, and if left to my own devices I revert pretty quickly to my old ways.

14 comments:

The Littlest Smitten said...

Sundays are same style wise for me if I'm not working. More casual comfy that is. Though usually if I am working a Sunday I don't dress up as much as usual typically. I hear you too about just wanting to brunch and take it easy on Sundays this time of the year. It's so cold in VT right now and I just want to stay under my covers all day with a good book if I could.

salemstylecrochet.com said...

Looks incredibly comfortable!! Stay Warm!


<3 Salem Style
Crocheted With Love in Salem Massachusetts

MaryBeth said...

I wanted the puffy coat from J Crew factory for x-mas but it sold out before my husband could get his hands on it!

It was -20 windchill here in Mpls yesterday. Ugh, ready for Spring!
xoxoMB

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

you look amazing! lovin the nikes!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Girl and Closet said...

LOVE, Sunday brunch, and even though it was freezing you still managed to look so beautiful & chic. Adore this look! The sneakers are absolutely the perfect touch!! And... I hope your week is going super! xo

Jennifer said...

Brunch and window shopping are my favorite Sunday activities!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Heidi said...

The more I see these high top wedges the more I think I can get into it. Love them on you! -Heidi

Miriam said...

The coat could well be by maison martin margiela - just 10 times more affordable! Brilliant, ever-so-cool look on you. Have a great week, Miriam xx

Heather P. said...

I don't even make it out of the house on most Sundays, so you've got me beat there! You're a brave woman taking off your coat in the name of fashion outfit pics! I can barely leave the house without gloves on to walk 20 feet to my car!

Stay warm!

blue roses said...

lately, i have been yearning for a soft, round collared sweatshirt, preferably in heather gray.... i would definitely be wearing it constantly.

post script- i just made my first order on modcloth, and thought of you! comes in 4 to 9 business days!

ghadaevoradesign said...

Lovely and very cool shoes. I envy your ability to pull off sneakers!

Elaine Hearn said...

I absolutely LOVE this look. I want to wear it every day if I lived somewhere colder!!

Gwen said...

Waah! I can't believe you're wearing that sweater, I've been sighing over it for ages on the ModCloth website and wishing Modcloth had a UK branch, because the customs charges would kill me. It looks so cute on you! I'm totally jealous - but in a good way! ;)

Teddi said...

i think that's what sundays are for. i envy your hair. the end.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!