Thursday, January 24, 2013

Six Degrees

Orchid Grey 1/24- 5 photo OrchidGrey_January242013-5_zps0845482e.jpg
Orchid Grey 1/24- 4 photo OrchidGrey_January242013-4_zps8e2c9925.jpg
Orchid Grey 1/24- 3 photo OrchidGrey_January242013-3_zps6871f88b.jpg
Orchid Grey 1/24- 2 photo OrchidGrey_January242013-2_zps416df7bb.jpg
Orchid Grey 1/24- 1 photo OrchidGrey_January242013-1_zpsa43f042f.jpg
What I wore: 
Sweater: J.Crew
Dress: Vintage/ Beacon's Closet ($18)
Lace top c/o Lulu's
Tights: American Apparel Super Opaque ($25)
Boots c/o Lulu's
Bracelet: Thrifted ($2)
Bag: Vintage Coach/ Thrifted ($7-ish)

Where I wore it: to the office

Let me start by saying: this outfit is not practical. at. all. I know that. Tuesday was one of those hurried mornings that resulted in me throwing on an outfit that I had stored away in my brain, with no thought given to the fact that it was six degrees out. Whoops. Needless to say, my hair didn't exactly make it "in" to the outfit, which is fine because it spent the rest of the day buried beneath a hat (I had a puffy coat and moccasins close by too, for the drive to and from work). January has finally shown it's true colors, and those colors are cold. Sometimes it's nice to be able to escape the cold to my warm office, but I've spent this whole week daydreaming about hibernation.

13 comments:

Morgan Erina said...

brr...It's too cold in Pittsburgh! I read peoples blogs who are in california to get some sun haha, I'm impressed that you survived the cold in this cute outfit! :)


Willowtreespace.blogspot.com

Kitsune-kun said...

I love this jumper SO much! what great material! super cute:)

Laura Go said...

scoff at practicality! :) I love those boots.
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

the shop of worldly delights

salemstylecrochet.com said...

love the boots and tights. sometimes you just have to not be practical :)

<3 Salem Style
Crocheted With Love in Salem Massachusetts

Monse Fuentes said...

lovely dress!




http://elblogdemonsee.blogspot.com
http://elblogdemonsee.blogspot.com
http://elblogdemonsee.blogspot.com

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

I wish it was 6 over here, try beating -35 lol!!! I wear layer on top of layer to and from work, I am so over January now ;) I love that jumper!

Maggie said...

That jumper is probably the greatest thrift find ever. I am beyond jealous.

The Littlest Smitten said...

A great dress! Love it's versatility!

Chelsea Sallee said...

Awesome leopard boots!
xx, Chelsea
www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

Gwen said...

Brrr! It's a beautiful outfit, but you must've been frozen stiff! Love the earthy tones and cheeky leopard wedges.

Lagelle said...

This is such a cute outfit and everything is super!

Tye
http://www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

Jamie Rose said...

Aw this mini dress is so cute on you. I absolutely love the color of the tights you paired with it. Your leopard booties are pretty awesome too! I don't think I'd be able to stop wearing those boots if I owned them. I'd make any excuse to pair them with every outfit.

Teddi said...

practical is overrated anyway, isn't it? i can't decide if your dress, the lace blouse, or your shoes are my fave. i like the whole outfit. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!