Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The 27th

Orchid Grey 1/27-1 photo OrchidGrey_January272013-1_zps3b7d9af3.jpg
Orchid Grey 1/27-2 photo OrchidGrey_January272013-2_zps45d1318d.jpg
Orchid Grey 1/27-3 photo OrchidGrey_January272013-3_zpsdb0d0dc6.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_January272013-10_zpsa4bd2a11.jpg
Orchid Grey 1/27-7 photo OrchidGrey_January272013-7_zps76b0d96d.jpg
Orchid Grey 1/27-8 photo OrchidGrey_January272013-8_zps66f27060.jpg
Orchid Grey 1/27-6 photo OrchidGrey_January272013-6_zps9c30ccb3.jpg
Orchid Grey 1/27-5 photo OrchidGrey_January272013-5_zps4ea1ba54.jpg
Orchid Grey 1/27-4 photo OrchidGrey_January272013-4_zps7a4408af.jpg
What I wore:
Coat: BB Dakota (2011)
Scarf: KVT Knits via giveaway (2010)
Hat: Target ($2 sale)
Dress: Free People ($30 sale)
Tights: Free People ($9 sale)
Boots c/o Lulu's
Bag: Vintage Coach/ Thrifted ($5)
Bracelet: Thrifted ($2)
Necklaces: gift & flea market gem

Where I wore it: On a birthday date to the Natural History Museum

Sunday was my birthday. I'm 29, which is wild. I used to get pretty uncomfortable about people making a big deal about my birthday, but well, I got over it. Bring on the cake and gifts. On Sunday, Chris and I put our Carnegie Museums membership to use and spent the day wandering through the hall of gems and admiring some dramatic taxidermy scenes (a lion attacking a camel? bring it on.) at the Natural History Museum. I wore this dress, which I picked up on a Saturday sale-shopping date with myself. It's pretty much the perfect weekend dress because it feels like pajamas.

I must have looked pretty good too, because a little girl goosed me as I walked through the dinosaur exhibit.

29 comments:

Koko said...

Wow, I love the back of the dress! Wonderful colour!
And Happy birthday! ;)

Jhan said...

Happy Belated birthday! (we're both January babies) ...such a steal for the Free People items!

Gwen said...

Happy late Birthday Julie! I once told my mum it sucked to get older, and her reply was, "Well, what's the alternative?" Chilled-out, no-pressure birthdays are the best. And you look beautiful, that dress was made for you!

kaarlijnx-x said...

I really like this look! Love your dress!

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

your hairrrrr! it kills me. happy belated, julie! xo

Liz Lauren said...

love this outfit


http://lavieenliz.com

Brooke @ You're in Brookelynn said...

Sounds like you had an awesome birthday! And that dress is so cute, it looks so comfy too!

♥Brooke
http://youreinbrookelynn.blogspot.com/

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! You look beautiful, hope it was a wonderful day! -Heidi

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday Julie! I'm glad to hear you had such a great day!
I'm a little weird about birthdays too - I've been trying to get over it the last couple of years though because it really is silly lol

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Love the cut on your dress - very flattering!

Hannah said...

LOL you crack me up!

Happy belated birthday!! Your birthday dress is gorgeous - I love the pairing of a rose dress with cranberry tights. Very pretty. I'm also painfully jealous of your beautiful snow. Looking at your lovely pictures added a little happiness to my day - thank you!

Sydney said...

Happy belated b-day! You look very lovely in that soft pink color. I think a museum trip sounds like a perfect birthday to me.

AlyciaMealy said...

Love your jacket!!
xoxo,
Alycia

www.alyciamealy.blogspot.com

HollyDolly said...

Happy birthday! The colors here are gorgeous.

Laura Go said...

belated happy birthday! What a beautiful way to spend your special day :)
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

the shop of worldly delights

amanda tinsley said...

That dress is quite pretty without being cute, a difficult feat, especially in a pink hue.
amanda
http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Happy Birthday! I turned 29 a few months ago, which I am still trying to wrap my head around. Looking lovely and wintery but warm here. :)

sweet harvest moon said...

Happy belated birthday!

Loving your outfit! Beautiful coat!

Heather P. said...

Happy Belated Birthday! 29 has been a strange year for me, but it's almost half over, so I'm trying to go with it! That outfit looks super comfy, by the way!

http://www.fancyalterego.wordpress.com

Mel said...

I love the pink and oxblood ensemble; that outfit is something I would wear as well!

-Melissa from http://ringthealam.com

Colleen Beaty said...

Happy birthday! 29 was one of the better years for me - I hope it is for you too!

Nnenna said...

Happy Birthday Julie! I am all about birthdays and think they should be celebrated :)

Laura said...

Happy belated birthday! That dress looks ridiculously comfortable...aren't pajama-like dresses the absolute best?

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

jenvegas said...

happppyy birthday! You look beautiful and youthful. I'm a few years older than you, so that should make you feel young.:P

http://jenvegas.blogspot.com

Lagelle said...

I love that pink salmon color on you paired with the burgundy tights!

Tye
http://www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

Jul, Life Is A Romantic Poem said...

Happy belated birthday!
You look wonderful here, that dress looks perfect on you and I just can't get enough of that coat on you, it's so beautiful.
My blog: Life Is A Romantic Poem

Teddi said...

happy 29th birthday! you did look good. what a pretty dress. i like the color and the lace detailing in the back too.

Liquorice and Pumps said...

Happy birthday! I had to look up what goosed meant and now I'm totally dying! haha

xx

liquoriceandpumps.blogspot.com

Ani said...

Love this outfit! Hope you have an incredible birthday!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!