Thursday, February 28, 2013

Gold Pants, Gold Spurs

 photo OrchidGrey_February282013-2_zps38f4e9de.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February282013-10_zpsbeae1e94.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February282013-1_zpsbea753a9.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February282013-9_zpsf0f4c865.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February282013-12_zps35cb3c35.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February282013-11_zps71d6c9ea.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February282013-5_zpsdf2c3672.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February282013-4_zps56186b50.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February282013-6_zps94f9074a.jpg

What I Wore:
Sweater: ModCloth
T-Shirt: Vintage/ Birthday gift
Jeans: Kill City "Junkie" via Another Day to Dress Up
Boots: JC "Rumi"
Spurs: Vintage ($25)
Claw necklace: Black Sparrow/ gift

Where I wore it: To the office

I hope you'll forgive the self-indulgent amount of photos today. Blame it on the layers, and the fact that on this particular day I felt really, truly great. And when I feel good it needs to be documented. That probably sounds self-obsessed, but I assure you that's not how I mean it, I started this week off on a really high note, and I want to keep it going. The sun on this particular morning was incredible, it was still only in the high 30's but it felt warmer, closer. As much as it still frustrates me, I'm starting to appreciate certain aspects of this time of year. We're really starting to see signs of spring, and it's exciting- the monotone call of mourning doves in the morning (one of my favorite sounds), the birds are a little louder, the smell is different. I can't wait to eschew the layers of sweaters, socks, jackets, and scarves I've been hiding under, in favor of bared legs and arms.

This outfit reminded me of warmer weather. I don't usually plan to take outfit photos on Monday mornings, but the stars seemed to be in alignment and my hair was doing really good things. Also, spurs. How great are my spurs? I found them this weekend in Ohio. They still need a little modification, but I love them.

PS- These jeans are awesome and fit true to size if you're curious, the best part is that they don't stretch out or get knees. Also the boots fit true to size as well, someone asked on Instagram.

22 comments:

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

those spurs are perfect, this outfit is perfect!

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Loving the spurs and the layering of necklaces! Such a great look!
-Adrienne. xo

http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com/
http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com/

Peggy said...

You do look especially great today! I love the outfit. :)

Frannie Pantz said...

I love this look very much and I am glad you felt great in it because you looked great!

Jennifer said...

Not that it doesn't always look great but your hair looks really great in these photos!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Gwen said...

You look like a cowboy biker chick! Love it - no wonder you felt great in this oufit! :)

Laura Neiser said...

Absolutely obsessed with that sweater. You look amazing!

xox

Jules said...

Your outfit is awesome! I love your shoes abd you t-shirt. You look amazing girl!
xoxo

Kitsune-kun said...

your hair is looking particularly amazing today, and I love how comfortable and cozy this outfit looks!

Megan Butcher said...

This outfit is sooo awesome! Love the talon and spurs :D

<3 Megan
http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

Jenna DeSantis said...

That rocker tee and booties are just awesome!! SO tough and rocker-ish, love it :-) PS- I just found sponsors for March, but what about April?? We can swap! You have a wonderful blog.

XO Jenna
Demureindiamonds.com



Laura Go said...

and you look SMASHING! LOVE those boots a ton!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Bostonista said...

um yeah I'm going to need to buy this entire outfit.

love it!

I'm so so so sick of winter that I'm grasping to any sign of spring-just like the louder chirps od birds! I'm trying to ignore how cold it still is!

xo
Kara
www.thebostonista.com

BuenoBueno said...

Julie I need that shirt in my life! Like right now! My Harley shirt...Jacobs shirt..is falling apart!
Where do you find your vintage shirts?
xo
B

nicola lynde said...

That T-shirt is such vintage perfection. The type of thing that only comes around once in a blue moon and when it does, it needs to be snapped up and worn forever. Amazing

Joelle said...

Ok, I've been reading your blog for YEARS and have never commented but I love this outfit SO FREAKING MUCH that I must break my silence. Simple yet filled with interesting details and completely badass. Awesome!

Sweet Laundry said...

Yes, this whole look deserves a comment from me too. I can see why you felt great, you look DYNAMITE!

Kailee said...

I found your blog and just wanted to tell you that I love your style and am pretty much crazy jealous over your beautiful hair! You are absolutely gorgeous!! :)

peach-lemonade.blogspot.com

Daphne said...

This outfit is amazing. I feel good just looking at it, no wonder it felt great to wear! :)

They like me better blonde. said...

This is probably my favortie outfit I've ever seen you post. I love gold and black and I am obsessed with you t-shirt. such a lucky find!

skye said...

I absolutely love that necklace.

Meanz Chan said...

You just have the best style.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!