Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Fisherman

 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-5_zps28b7d3ab.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-2_zpse80c6281.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-6_zps99144f25.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-1_zps56495e5b.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-3_zpsd578628d.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-4_zps651bd551.jpg

What I wore to fight my way through the crowds at Handmade Arcade this past weekend. No dice. After 30 minutes of struggling to see vendor's wares over people's shoulders, we were completely overwhelmed and decided to leave, opting instead to browse online the few shops we had grabbed cards from. I really want to enjoy Christmas shopping, but so far it's been a bit of a nightmare this year.

I picked up this vintage Greek fisherman's cap from Eons recently (a PGH vintage shop), after popping in while in the midst of doing my laundry across the street. It reminds me of the hat from the Isabel Marant for H&M collection, except way better because it was A. cheaper and B. authentic. and, hell, C. vintage. I've been wearing it non-stop lately. A nice change of pace from the usual beanie atop my head.

This post is probably full of typos that will be glaringly obvious tomorrow morning. Forgive me. It's now past midnight and my eyes are crossing from exhaustion.

What I wore:
Jacket: Vintage/Thrifted
Sweater: Vintage/Thrifted (similar)
Hat: Vintage Greek fisherman's cap/ Eons (similar)
Jeans: Urban Outfitters (similar or similar)
 

10 comments:

The Littlest Smitten said...

Great hat! My husband who is half Greek has one from his grandfather. I love the look of them.

iris said...

The Internet is a fantastic thing for Xmas shopping.

I guess you could get a list from the Handmade Arcade website and look at al the vendor's online stores? I used to go, but they've slowly been getting more and more overwhelming.

Jessica Steele said...

Such a cool 70's vibe going on here. And agreed, it's always better when it's cheaper & authentic ;)
xx

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

I love your boho 70's vibe you made here w/ the winter wear. for some reason it seems trickier to do to me w/ winter clothing but you totally rocked it. that coat is beautiful & i agree, the hat is amazing & a nice change from beanies.
Cuddly Cacti
Mitla Moda

courtney conway said...

This coat looks so warm! Found your blog and I love it :)
xx
Courtney
http://breakfastatvogue111.blogspot.com/

Tania Franco said...

I am so into coats right now, it's getting cold here in L.A. now. This one looks great on you. Need to check out you thrift tips, just saw it.

Warm Thoughts,
Tania
http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

Sandra said...

love your fisherman/train conductor hat! these are quite popular in france oh both guys and girls.

fairs+crows can be a pain- i went to this art book fair and had the same looking-over-ppl-shoulders experience, so bad! especially for sth so exclusive as artists' book, at a fair that was fairly empty(pun intended) last year...

Jennifer said...

I really want to try out a hat like that buuuuut I'm pretty sure I would like so silly. Especially after seeing so many bloggers, like you! pull it off so well!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

myedit said...

We have very similar hats so that, lie, makes us twinsies:)

Meredith Atkinson said...

LOVE this look. So refreshing to see someone wearing jeans that AREN'T skinny/cigarette/twiggy/whatever. Not to say I don't like that look, but I love the variety!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!