Thursday, June 5, 2014

Of All Stripes

 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June52014-1_zpsa3e42c80.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June52014-4_zpsc148c1fa.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June52014-3_zps4848bbd4.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June52014-6_zps22edb988.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June52014-2_zpse0972a3e.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June52014-5_zpse6b67362.jpg

Bought on a trip to Austin a few years back, this embroidered vintage skirt has been languishing in my closet ever since. For some reason I just didn't know what to wear with it, but stripes go with everything, right? Right.

These photos were taken a few weeks ago when I wasn't in the greatest of moods. I'd had a long day at work and was feeling annoyed with Chris over something petty. I rarely take pictures when I'm unhappy, mostly because my moods tend to show all over my face, I can't hide it. These came out alright, sunglasses always help - right? - but man, the close-up photos for my earrings were a sight. Oof. Life isn't always - is rarely - perfect, and though I may not always write a whole lot, I love that I can look back on days like this (yes, even the bad ones) and remember what was going on.

Wearing: Top: Aeropostale (c/o) // Skirt: Vintage // Sandals: BC Footwear // Earrings: Seahag & Walrus (c/o) // Sunglasses: Warby Parker "Reilly" (c/o) // Bracelet: Thrifted

12 comments:

donna bailey said...

You can`t go wrong with stripes! :) Love your vintage skirt.
Surrey carpet cleaning

Jennifer Louise said...

Those sunglasses are gorgeous - love this outfit!

Jennifer x

Artstylelove.com
Fashyn.blogspot.com

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Super pretty!
I really love those sunnies!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

Maddie Toy said...

LOVE your skirt!! beautiful!
xo,
maddie

http://feelingmagenta.blogspot.com/

Jenna Condon said...

GOrgeous outfit!! love those flowers in the background!

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

Love the mixing of patterns here.

lazygulrox (Rashmi Bhosale) said...

I love the vintage skirt and how your sandals compliment your top!! Nice and simple outfit!! :)

Love,
Rashmi<3
www.lazygulrox.blogspot.in

Kasidy Belle said...

Such a cute combo!

http://kasidybelle.blogspot.com

Lindsay is Broke said...

Wow, those sandals are adorable!

jenloveskev said...

You look so beautiful in this outfit. I also wish we lived closer so I could borrow the whole thing ;)

Syed Kazim Ali said...

Latest All Hot Current Affairs, Bollywood News updates, funny and lol pictures
HotCurrentAffairs

Heather Audrey Lapier said...

Mixed and matched but it works great!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!